The Golden State. Diverse. Beautiful. Exciting. Stretching some 800 miles north to south, California offers a huge diversity of landscapes, from Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the north to Joshua Tree National Park and Sequoia National Forest in the south. Explore sophisticated San Francisco, glamorous Los Angeles and sunny San Diego.
- The classic Highway One road Trip: Take the trip of a lifetime along California’s spectacular coast.
- San Francisco: Explore the “City by the Bay” by cable car, biking across the Golden Gate Bridge or strolling down Valencia Street to check out the bars and restaurants.
- Santa Cruz: Visit this funky beach town – the birthplace of California surfing.
- Monterey & Carmel: Walk on wind-swept beaches, enjoy fine dining before and watch the seals in all their glory!
- Big Sur: Drive along one of the world’s most unforgettable stretches of coastline.
- Santa Barbara: The American Riviera beckons with Spanish architecture, a gentle climate and award-wining vineyards.
- Huntington Beach: In this classic beach town, learn to surf or join the experts.
- San Diego: Shop in Horton Plaza, see giant pandas at the Zoo and wander through unique neighbourhoods.
With almost 300 state and National Parks along with world class beaches the Great Outdoors doesn’t come mu
- The original Disneyland Park
- Disney’s California Adventure
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- LEGOLAND California
- Knotts Berry Farm
- Six Flags Magic Mountain.
California has an amazing beach culture. Whether you like to fish from a pier, snorkel, surf, boogie board, parasail, water-ski, swim or simply soak up the sun, there’s a beach waiting for you.
There are regional specialities everywhere and some incredible Farmers Markets offering an economical way to enjoy the state’s bounty. Visit Ferry Building Market place in Fishermans Wharf, San Francisco or the Los Angeles Farmers Market where celebrities buy fresh meats and seafood.
Wine regions are among the state’s most inviting attractions. With over 2,500 wineries there are plenty of places for you to sip and savour.