At American Holidays, the wellbeing and safety of our customers is our highest priority and while the world changes daily we aim to keep all our customers up to date with accurate travel information.
We base our responses on advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) supplemented with information from World Health Organisation (WHO), the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), as well as local knowledge from our robust team of Ground Operators.
The FCDO offer information on travel to all countries throughout the world, including personal safety, local laws and customs, important entry requirements and visa information as well as updates on natural disasters, political situations, public health alerts and what to do if something does go wrong.
Before you depart
• Check you have all your valid documentation; passports, entry visas and booking documentation.
• We strongly advise you have appropriate travel insurance in place before travelling.
• Read up local laws and customs of the country you are visiting and understand how they differ from home, especially if you plan on driving while on holiday.
• Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary, visit a travel health clinic before you travel.
• Act responsibly and be responsible for yourself when abroad.
• Tell your family or friends about your travel plans so they know where you are going and when. Ensure they have your contact details, you have theirs and stay in touch. Save the contact details of the local Consulate to your phone/devices in case of emergencies.
For the latest official local government advice on travel please click here
Travel and Covid-19
American Holidays recognises the ongoing impact the Covid-19 pandemic is having on planning of your holiday with us, especially regarding the safety of travelling. We want to reassure you that we continue to closely monitor the situation as it rapidly evolves, and we will be keeping this page updated to help give you the latest information.
We have introduced a number of ways to give you added flexibility, protection and peace of mind so you can book and travel with confidence with us click here for more information.
Travel restrictions are changing for passengers travelling to the USA, Canada and the Caribbean and the team at American Holidays are looking at ways to support and simplify your pre-travel arrangements.
As Covid-19 continues to impact travel if your holiday with us is affected we will contact you to offer advice, the latest travel information and options available to move, change or cancel your booking.
If you have a booking and want to get in touch with our Trusted Advisors, please call Dublin 01 673 3800 or Belfast 028 90 511800. Lines are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9.15am to 6pm and Wednesday and Saturday from 10am to 6 pm.
What happens if the FCDO/DFA doesn’t specifically advise against travelling to a country?
If there is no advice against travel to the destination you have booked, the holidays will be provided as planned and normal booking conditions apply.
What happens if the FCDO/DFA advises against all but essential travel to a country?
• If you are currently staying in that country you will be repatriated as soon as operationally possible. Our team will contact you and will make the necessary arrangements.
• If you are due to travel imminently, our team of Destination Specialists will discuss alternative options with you. These may include postponing your trip and changing the destination of travel.
• If you are travelling to that country, but not for a few weeks or more we will keep you fully informed of the developments that we receive from the FCDO making sure you are aware of key dates which may be relevant to decisions about your trip.
We’re ready to travel!
The long awaited news on where we can start travelling to again, has been updated by the UK/Northern Ireland governments. Although the travel ban was lifted on 17 May, the new “traffic light system” will provide a guide to which holiday destinations are welcoming UK/Northern Ireland travellers again, and breakdown safe travel requirements for your arrival and return.
Rest assured – all our new bookings are covered by our Book with Confidence policy, so should your holiday need to be cancelled because of COVID-19, you are fully protected.
COVID testing is becoming a norm in the world of travel with many destinations requiring a PCR tests and vaccine status confirmed pre travel for entry. As this varies by destination we’ve put together some guidance on what you may require when travelling to and returning home from your holiday.
Rest assured, our Trusted Advisors will call you around 14 days before your holiday to discuss the most up to date requirements specific to your holiday destination. In addition, this information will be clearly highlighted on your departure documents stating the time in which a test may/must be conducted before you travel and any requirements for children as well as adults.
Your Trusted Advisor will be available to answer any queries on testing requirements on individual destinations up to the time you travel and while you are on holiday. Whoever you chose to provide your required tests, please ensure you verify with your chosen supplier (whether the below or otherwise) the test will satisfy the requirements for the destination you are travelling to and that the supplier can comply with the strict timescales you may have to adhere to. American Holidays cannot be held responsible for any third party suppliers’ delay or otherwise failure to provide a suitable test result.
Travelling from Northern Ireland/Great Britain
The following is a list of North American countries in the Green, Amber and Red category for travel, including links to their entry requirements for UK/Northern Ireland travellers.
• Antigua & Barbuda Click here for travel guidelines
• Barbados Click here for travel guidelines
• US Virgin Islands and Northern Mariana Islands Click here for travel guidelines
• USA Click here for travel guidelines
• Canada Click here for travel guidelines
• Dominican Republic Click here for travel guidelines
• Jamaica Click here for travel guidelines
• Mexico Click here for travel guidelines
• St Lucia Click here for travel guidelines
• The Bahamas
We recommend you sign up to the latest travel alerts relevant to the destination you are travelling to your holiday for updates. For more information on the destination you are travelling you can talk to our Trusted Advisors or visit www.gov.uk/travelaware and www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccine status for travel
There are two methods:
1. Download the NHS App (Not the NHS-Covid19) where there is a new section “Check your Vaccination Status”
2. A letter version for those without a smartphone can be requested by calling 119 (free of charge). This may take around 7 days for a letter to arrive, and will show the dates both vaccines were administered.
More information to allow travellers to demonstrate their vaccine status can be found here.
Returning to Northern Ireland/Great Britain
All passengers arriving into the country must follow requirements set out under the Traffic Light system. There are three categories and each country will have a status set by the government.
• All passengers arriving into the UK are currently required to show proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to starting your journey home.
• Proof of testing will be checked at your departure airport.
• A passenger locator form (PLF) must be completed by all passengers arriving into the UK aged over 18. This form can be submitted anytime within 48 hours of your scheduled arrival in to the UK and is completed on the following web page.
Passengers returning from an Amber country do have the option to take a test on day 5 to end their isolation early (known as Test to Release).
We are working hard with our local ground handlers and accommodation providers to ensure we have the most up to date information on where these tests will be available to you before you return from your holiday. Your Trusted Adviser will be able to provide this information to you prior to travel.
The Traffic Light System
Covid-19 Testing Guidance
In the event of passengers arriving in to/from the USA, Canada or the Caribbean requiring a negative PCR test, the UK/Northern Ireland Governments have an approved private clinic list who provide COVID-19 PCR tests. You can view the list here.
At this time, please note that NHS PCR test cannot be used for travel purposes.
We have assessed the market and have arranged for American Holidays customers to receive discounts with the below independent companies who provide pre and post travel testing services.
Visit: Randox’s Website
Call your American Holidays agent we’ll provide you with our discount code. Your travel information and consent will be required at this point
Pre Travel Test £48, American Holidays Price £43
Day 2 Self Test £48 American Holidays Price £43
Green Pack Pre Travel & Day 2 PCR Test £96 American Holidays Price £86
Day 2 & 8 Self Test £96AH American Holidays Price £86
Amber Pack – Pre Travel, Day 2 & 8 PCR Test £144 American Holidays Price £129
Test To Release Day 5 Self Test £48 American Holidays Price £43
Visit: Nomad Travel’s Website
Home (+video consultation or clinic PCR) £195 American Holidays Price £175
Day 2 Self Test £90 American Holidays Price £73.50
Day 2 & 8 Self Test Package £180 American Holidays Price £147.50
For more information about Nomad’s services and delivery charges email [email protected]
Visit: Qured’s Website
American Holidays customers get 10% off normal prices. Use discount code AMERICANHOLIDAYS9 when you buy on Qured’s website.
Home PCR Test £99 American Holidays Price £60
Home Antigen Test £39 American Holidays Price £35
Day 2 Self Test £90 American Holidays Price £75
Day 2 & 8 Day Test Package £198 American Holidays Price £150
Test To Release Day 5 Self Test £99 American Holidays Price Price £89
Please note your travel information and consent will be required.
Visit: Screen4’s Website
Pre Travel Home Test £55
Pre Travel Clinic £85
Test to Release (Clinic Only) £85
Day 2 Return Self Test £55
Day 2 & 8 Return Self Test £105
Your travel information and consent will be required. Discounted testing packages are also available for families. Further information is available on the Screen4 webpage or their customer services team on 01226 730052.
Visit: Express Test Website
Express Test offer drive through and walk-in PCR testing in all major towns, cities and airports. For more information and to book please visit the website and use discount code Americanhols21. Please visit each supplier’s website for details of what’s included as part of your purchase. Prices start from £59 depending on your chosen testing centre.
Refund Guarantee – Our Booking Promise To You
All our new bookings are covered by our Book with Confidence policy, so should your holiday need to be cancelled because of COVID-19, you are fully protected.