Exchange the big-city charms of San Francisco for the fresh air and natural beauty of Yosemite, California's most famous national park. Choose to start your time in Yosemite with a reserved lunch at the renown Ahwahnee Dining Room or head straight to the park to begin your adventure. Take a walking tour of the park with your guide or take off on your own. You'll have around four hours within Yosemite to explore the scenic wonders of Yosemite Valley.
Begin your journey with hotel pickup by luxury bus or van complete with posh amenities like hardwood style floors in the bus. After crossing the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge, you'll travel through the Great Central Valley and into the Sierra foothills, where the Forty-Niners panned for gold.
Following the beautiful Merced River to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, you'll enter Yosemite National Park. Glaciers cut through these mountains, forming the spectacular granite monuments you'll see throughout the park. There are many sights and activities to keep you occupied. Visit the Ansel Adams art gallery or rent a bike (own expense). Spend time at the visitor's center to learn more about this beautiful park or head to the ranger's station for engaging walks and talks. Watch basket-weaving and beading demonstrations in the Indian Village of Ahwahnee or take a stroll along the Merced River. You'll have approximately four hours to spend in the park.
You'll join your guide for a hike to the base of Yosemite Falls or you may choose to adventure on your own.
Highlights on your Yosemite National Park day trip include:
- San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
- Sierra Nevada Range
- El Capitan
- Bridalveil Falls
- Vernal Falls
- Merced River
- Yosemite Falls
- Cathedral Spires
- Half Dome
At 4 pm, reconvene and head back to San Francisco, driving through the Stanislaus National Forest, with a feeling of fulfillment having seen one of the worlds greatest wonders.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. Vehicle will either be 15-passenger van or 31-passenger bus
- Fold-able wheelchairs can be accommodated but customer must provide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.