See DC's historical monuments and landmarks up close and personal on a 3-hour bike tour with an informative guide. Cruise around the National Mall to see some of the most famous sights in Washington DC, and take breaks with your guide to walk around and explore attractions like the Lincoln Memorial.
Your leisurely Washington DC bike tour starts at a central city location. Meet your guide and select the bike that fits you best, and then set off to explore this historical, dynamic capital. Your guide, an experienced local, will share facts and interesting anecdotes about each site you visit along the tour.
Your bike route covers monuments and memorials located on the National Mall and Potomac Tidal Basin. Cruise along city bike lanes and flat terrain while taking in the beautiful architecture (and perhaps keeping an eye out for the Secret Service). Visit Washington Monument, the stately white obelisk that honors the first US president, and pedal over to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, a 3-acre (1.2-hectare) tribute to those who served in the Vietnam War.
Check out more landmarks like the National World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial, and then ride through the city back to the starting point, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Tour may be canceled if the weather makes for dangerous riding conditions
- Trailer carriages and trailer tandems are available for children not old enough or comfortable on their own bikes
- To ride in a trailer carriage, children must be able to hold up their heads and wear a helmet
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Note: Next day free rentals must be picked up by 11am at our Union Station location (50 Massachusetts Ave. NE). After 11am, equipment availability is not guaranteed.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.