You have to eat dinner somewhere, so make it a meal to remember at Butchart Gardens! This exceptional experience will have you flying by seaplane from Victoria to Butchart Gardens — a National Historic Site of Canada — where you'll enjoy a three-course meal of seasonal, regional cuisine. Then take a nighttime stroll through the lit-up gardens, including the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden and Mediterranean Garden, and soak up the tranquil atmosphere. Your evening ends with a limousine ride back to Victoria.
Your Butchart Gardens adventure starts at Victoria Harbour, where you'll check in for your flight and board your seaplane for the quick journey up to the gardens, just 12 miles (19 km) north of Victoria. Enjoy the aerial views of Vancouver Island and the Haro Strait as you fly.
When you arrive at Butchart, sit down to a delicious three-course dinner in the cheerful and elegant Dining Room, one of the gardens' on-site restaurants. Feast on a seasonal menu of soup or salad followed by a main course featuring regional meat or fish, and then relax over a sweet dessert and cup of coffee or tea.
Dinner lasts about 90 minutes, and then you have one hour to stroll through the gardens at your leisure. Sure, the gardens are gorgeous during the day, but at night they're nearly magical. After the sun sets, lights come on across the gardens, creating shadows and illuminating the creatively designed displays of flowers, shrubs and trees. It's very romantic!
At around 10pm, hop inside a luxurious limousine for the 30-minute drive back to Victoria Harbour, where your tour ends.
Sample menu (you have your choice of one for each course)
- Organic field greens with fresh blossoms and white balsamic vinaigrette
- Potato cheddar soup with melted leeks and broccoli florets
- Wild BC salmon with clam and potato gratin, wilted greens, and caramelized shallot vinaigrette
- Cowichan Valley chicken with gnocchi, asparagus, bacon, toasted pine nuts and white wine beurre blanc (butter sauce)
- Alberni Valley pork chop with a corn and wild rice cabbage roll, smoked paprika, tomato and onion ring
Dessert (served with freshly brewed coffee or tea):
- Signature vanilla bean crème brûlée with raspberry and white chocolate biscotti
- Zuccotto: Chocolate truffle ice cream with espresso-dipped ladyfingers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring a valid photo ID and your booking voucher upon check-in to exchange for your plane ticket
- Anything carried on board is subject to search; large bags or backpacks are discouraged
- Not handicap accessible
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.