Come aboard a high-speed Zodiac vessel in Victoria to see dozens of species of seabirds, playful porpoises, seals and majestic bald eagles. The skipper or biologist onboard will describe the surroundings and provide you with the ecological background to the beautiful environment you are viewing.
October through to April is still a little early to see the resident pods of killer whales or Orcas as they are still out in the open Pacific Ocean hunting salmon. However, because nature is unpredictable, there is always a chance that these majestic marine mammals will be in the area when you are out on your adventure. You might also be lucky enough to see some members of the transient killer whale population who are also known to swim in the waters near Victoria. But, regardless of the chances of seeing an Orca, there is a tremendous experience awaiting you.
California sea lions, weighing in at 500 pounds (225 kilos), lie on the rocks catching the last rays of the sunshine after a hard day of fishing. Dall's porpoise speedily dart to and fro off the bow of your boat. Bald eagles swoop down and land on a rock face overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Victoria BC, on Vancouver Island is surrounded by some of the most beautiful seascapes the west coast of British Columbia has to offer.
Marine birds, such as the great blue heron might be stalking prey in clear turquoise waters in a quiet cove. Seals with great brown eyes lazily watch as you quietly take their picture. Lighthouses, craggy rock archipelagos, and unique ecosystems are part of what contribute to make the Pacific Northwest so famous and you are about to be part of the experience.
Zodiac Vessel Information:
- 12 passengers per vessel
- Open air ridged hulled inflatable vessel
- Marine naturalists provide full commentary
- Full-length cruiser suits for safety & comfort
- Hats and Gloves also provided for your comfort
This tour is seasonal and only operates from October through to April
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
- Tour is not recommended for people with neck and spinal problems, in frail health or for pregnant women
- Tours are subject to weather conditions and passenger demand. If your tour is within 48 hours, please contact your local tour operator (number located on voucher) to confirm your tour.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.