This tour explores the art glass designed, crafted or installed by the Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company, Louis Comfort Tiffany and his contemporaries, in four late 19th Century Chicago landmarks:
- The Art Institute
- The Marquette Building
- The Chicago Cultural Center
- Macy's on State Street (historic Marshall Field's store)
Discover mosaics, lighting fixtures, vaults and domes, as well as the buildings in which they are housed, recent restoration efforts, and the history behind this dramatic art form.
This tour includes general admission to the Art Institute for the tour and one other day, plus a visitor's discount coupon courtesy of Macy's on State Street.
Conditions of Sale:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- ArchiCenter is operated by the Chicago Architecture Foundation and is located at 224 South Michigan Avenue in the Santa Fe Building across from the Art Institute on the northwest corner of Jackson Boulevard at Michigan Avenue. Open 361 days a year from 9:30am-6:30pm Monday-Saturday, 9:30am-6:00pm Sundays
- Tour Guides are trained and certified by the CAF. As volunteers, they are exceptionally motivated, enthusiastic, and capable interpreters of Chicago's world-class architectural legacy. CAF tours are the real deal - narrated, but not scripted, led by Chicago enthusiasts
- Not recommended for young children
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.