Experience life at sea without leaving port on a San Diego shore excursion to the USS Midway Museum, home to a US Navy aircraft carrier that was active in the Vietnam War and Desert Storm. This family-friendly attraction is fun, interesting and historical, and it also allows you to enjoy some of the beautiful San Diego waterfront.
The USS Midway is a long-serving US Navy aircraft carrier (active from 1945-1992) and was the largest ship in the world for a decade, housing 4,500 crew members! On this San Diego shore excursion, you can visit the USS Midway Museum and walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Navy sailors on a self-guided audio tour narrated by former Midway sailors and officers.
More than 60 exhibits, from the engine room to the bridge, and 25 restored historic aircraft are on display. Find out what it was like to be part of a "city at sea" as you explore the galleys, officer's country and sleeping quarters of the first Navy ship too large to go through the Panama Canal. You will be amazed by the 4-acre (1.6-hectare) flight deck and the 360-degree panoramic view of downtown San Diego and San Diego Bay. Don't miss the flight simulators and climb-aboard aircraft, and stop by the gift shop and café for souvenirs and snacks.
This excursion is located within a 2-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in San Diego. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Complimentary, loaner wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevator access available from Navy Pier onto the ship, from the hangar deck down to the second deck and up to the flight deck
- Approximately 60 percent of the museum's exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Narrated video tour of all museum exhibits is shown continuously in the hangar deck
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.