Experience the thrill of driving your own speed boat on a guided and narrated tour around San Diego's Harbor. You'll navigate and captain your own speed boat for the entirety of the tour while following a trained and knowledgeable guide in a different boat. There is a two-way communication systems mounted in each boat so you'll be able to hear your guide throughout the tour. This speed boat adventure is a great way see the beautiful San Diego harbor and learn about its history while speeding through water.
Before you start zipping through the water you'll have a safety orientation to review the boating basics, rules of the water and hand signals. Then, you'll begin your 13-mile (20km) speed boat adventure around the San Diego Harbor. You will have once in a lifetime views of Navy ships, aircraft carriers and the Coronado Bridge. You'll also see the famous Star of India, the historic ships of the Maritime Museum, the cruise ship terminal, Seaport Village, the downtown skyline and all the wildlife who call the San Diego Harbor home. There will be several stops throughout the tour at various points of interest. If you want to change drivers you may do so at any of the brief stops. Don't miss San Diego's most exciting harbor tour!
Conditions of Sale:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with neck or back problems or a recent surgery to participate. Pregnant women should not participate
- Bring a swimsuit in the summer and a jacket in the winter, sandals or flip-flops, towel, sun block, sunglasses
- Each boat can carry up to 2 adults and 1 child
- The per boat weight limit of 500 lbs (227kgs) A small child (under 50 lbs, 22kgs) is allowed to sit in the middle
- If you are taking the tour by yourself and if there is another single on your tour then we will pair you together. If not then you get the boat to yourself.
- You must be 18 years or older to drive a boat by yourself
- The boats do have a storage compartment but bags can get wet
- No experience or boating license required
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.