Join the Kona Coffee and Craters Tour for a Big Island off road climb up the cool and misty slopes of Hualalai volcano. Pinzgauers carry you up to 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) elevation to visit a surreal scene of lava flows and a forest full of native birdsong. This adventure tour teaches you all about the best of Kona - coffee and volcanoes!
See the geologic forces which helped create the Big Island at Kaupulehu Crater, the heart of Hualalai's last eruption. Visit magnificent coastal viewpoints, see stunning lava formations, and scramble through a lava tube on foot.
Climb aboard the Hualalai Holoholo PinzTrek and head off on a Big Island off road adventure up the side of Hualalai, one of Hawaii's most fascinating natural volcanic areas. The off-road Pinzgauers carry you from sea-level through a dense rain forest to a world of volcanic majesty at 6,000 ft. (1,800 meters) of elevation on privately owned lands of Kaupulehu. Although in plain sight of Kailua-Kona, these seldom-visited uplands are seemingly geologic light-years away!
Amidst distinctive native birdsongs, this rock-rambling tour will take you through a beautiful and surreal landscape of native dryland forest, lava flows and enormous, deep craters. Your guide will also lead you, on foot, on an exploration of an impressive lava tube. In this quiet and refreshing sub-alpine climate, your guide will explain the awe-inspiring forces of volcanism and the historic eruptions that changed the landscape of the Kona Coast far below. You'll also visit a mountain coffee plantation and sip Kona coffee on the journey homeward.
This Kona Coffee and Crater tour involves a short walk of under 1 mile (1.6km), however, all participants must be able to walk on uneven terrain and make short climbs unassisted.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.