Step aboard the Grand Canyon Railway for a trip to the majestic Grand Canyon you'll never forget. Feel the rumble of a vintage train as the engine chugs 65-miles (approximately 105 km) across the beautiful Northern Arizona countryside. The train offers kaleidoscopic views of the San Francisco Peaks and rolls through valleys adorned in wild flowers, dense pine forests, high desert plains and small canyons.
The excitement begins at the historic 1908 Williams Depot. Before the train departs you will be entertained by a Wild West shootout featuring the Cataract Creek Gang in an outdoor theater. Shop in one of two gift shops, or enjoy a hearty buffet breakfast (not included) before departure at the Grand Depot Cafe next to the depot.
Then, hear the train whistle pierce the fresh morning air, beckoning passengers for a trip on the old iron horse to the Grand Canyon. Uniformed coach attendants provide you with white-gloved courtesy and service. Aboard the train, enjoy the tunes of strolling musicians who conduct sing-a-longs, an Old West train robbery, and the antics of western characters as they recreate train travel as it was back in 1901.
The train arrives at the historic 1910 Grand Canyon Depot, the only remaining log depot still in operation in the United States. Buildings like the El Tovar Hotel, Hopi House and Bright Angel Lodge salute arriving guests as you pull into the station and disembark from the train. A narrated motorcoach rim tour of the Grand Canyon National Park enhances your visit by escorting you to the most scenic overlooks of the canyon. Upgrade to include a hot buffet lunch!
- Coach Class - Budd Coach, named after famous Budd Manufacturing Company, are streamline era coaches built in the 1950's and are air-conditioned and heated in the cooler months. Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase on board.
- First Class - Enjoy the opulence of oversized, reclining seats with extra-large viewing windows and at-seat cocktail service (no host bar) aboard First Class. Cars are air-conditioned and you can help yourself to complimentary morning refreshments of fresh fruits, pastries, juices, teas and coffee. Enjoy snacks from the buffet on the afternoon trip.
adult prices include a USD15 National Park Fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- The train can accommodate a motorized scooter if it is no wider than 25 inches. There is a special lift to lift the scooter onto the train.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note: Arizona doesn't observe Day Light Savings and switches between MST (Mountain Standard Time) and PST (Pacific Standard Time) depending on the season.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.