Hop on an eco-friendly Segway for a convenient tour of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park! You'll see all 1,000-plus acres of the park as you learn the rich history of this majestic San Francisco green space on a narrated journey. This unique tour is the perfect way to see Golden Gate Park and its hidden gems.
Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike. It's intuitive, but nobody is born knowing how to operate it. You'll have 35 - 45 minutes of training prior to beginning the tour so you can get familiar with the most innovative transportation device of the millennium. You will practice on the Segway until everyone feels comfortable and ready to tour Golden Gate Park!
This small-group tour is limited to 6 people only to ensure a more personal experience.
After a brief training session on your Segway, you will be off to enjoy an eco-friendly tour of San Francisco's magnificent Golden Gate Park! You will cover more distance than a typical walking tour and have the opportunity to stop for photos along the way. Your tour guide will point out local landmarks such as Stow Lake, the Conservatory of Flowers, the Lawn Bowling Courts, the California Academy of Sciences, the deYoung Museum and Shakespeare Garden.
You will also learn about the history of Golden Gate Park, and how it was transformed in the 1870s from barren sand dunes into the flourishing National Historic Place it is today. Your knowledgeable guide will uncover hidden gems, such as Lily Pond, Storybook Cross, Fern Grotto, an amazing Redwood tree grove, and a pioneer log cabin.
This Segway tour is the perfect way to see, learn about and photograph an urban oasis in the heart of San Francisco!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- Riders must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (45 to 113 kilos)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children aged 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Maximum of 6 people per tour. For larger groups, please be advised that your group may be split up to comply with this maximum
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.