While you're in Quebec City, don't miss a chance to see some of Canada's best wildlife on a whale-watching cruise! You'll travel to Baie-Sainte-Catherine by road and then board either a large, three-level observation boat or a small, open-air zodiac boat for an exciting escapade to look for whales, belugas, seals and other marine life. The fabulous scenery is just a bonus on this adventurous day trip from Quebec City.
Escape Quebec City for a day, and treat yourself to an exciting adventure on the water. You'll be picked up in one of our 20 different Quebec City locations and taken to the departure point, Place D'Armes. After meeting your guide, you will board a deluxe motor coach and travel along the picturesque mountainous coastline of the St Lawrence River to reach Baie-Sainte-Catherine, where you'll board either the AML Grand Fleuve observation boat or a speedy zodiac for a memorable afternoon of whale-watching.
The choice of transportation in the water is yours - the AML Grand Fleuve is a large, three-level boat with a glassed-in main deck, observation platform, covered upper deck, a bistro and a bar; the zodiac is a small, open-air boat that holds either 24 or 48 passengers (depending on the boat) and allows you to zip through the water to enjoy super-close access to the whales and other marine life. Opt for the AML Grand Fleuve for a more leisurely experience on the water, or choose the zodiac for an exciting high-adrenaline adventure!
Both vessels depart from the north shore of the St Lawrence for an exciting encounter with whales, seals and belugas! Discover the many faces of the St Lawrence River, including the Saguenay-St Lawrence Marine Park, a lighthouse, fascinating islands and an amazing diversity of marine life.
Aboard the AML Grand Fleuve a naturalist-guide will share illuminating facts during your whale-watching journey, while on the zodiac your captain will provide live commentary on your search for whales. This is an extraordinary rendezvous with the nature of eastern Canada!
Please note: The minimum age to board the zodiac is 6 years. Pregnant women or people with back problems are not permitted on this cruise. Also, please note that tour includes pickup and drop-off from 25 different hotels, B&B's, inns, and motels in Quebec City. This excludes home addresses.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Please enter precise hotel name and address. If not, meeting point will be 9h00 at Place d'Armes, in front of Fairmont Château Frontenac Hotel
- Meals are not included. Passengers on the AML Grand Fleuve cruise may purchase food on board; passengers on the zodiac cruise are recommended to bring a lunch or snacks
- Please dress warmly, as it can be quite cold on the river. An insulated jacket, hat, gloves and closed-toes shoes are highly recommended
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Minimum age is 6 years for the zodiac boat
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.