This Big Island helicopter adventure will show you the best of Hawaii – volcanoes and waterfalls – from the air! Starting from Hilo, you’ll journey over miles of tropical rainforest on your way to Kilauea, one of the most active volcanoes on Earth; keep your eyes open for lava flowing from the crater. You’ll then soar past the many hidden waterfalls near the Wailuku River before flying back to Hilo.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
On this 45-minute helicopter tour around the Big Island, you’ll get amazing aerial views of those natural wonders that make Hawaii so special – waterfalls and volcanoes, including one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Kilauea. If you're lucky, Kilauea will be oozing fiery lava for your viewing pleasure.
After you’ve seen Kilauea, your four-passenger Hughes 500 helicopter will whisk you to the next jaw-dropping sight. All passengers are guaranteed window seats on the flight, so you won’t miss any of the panoramic views. You’ll see the Wailuku River, where you’ll fly by an amazing series of waterfalls cascading into the emerald pools below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 250-300lbs (113 kg-135 kg) must pay a $25 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing over 300 lbs (135 kg) will be assessed a capacity fee of 1/2 of 1 fare at regular price. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing 350 lbs (158 kg) and up are required to buy 2 seats. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified.
- Helicopter holds 4-5 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- If you are staying in Kona, be aware it is an approximate 2.5-hour drive to Hilo
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.