Can't get enough of celebrity scandal? Are you a Hollywood buff with a macabre sense of humor? This 2.5-hour multimedia bus tour takes you to the homes and locations in Hollywood, Beverly Hills and the Sunset Strip where your favorite celebrities died — or wish their scandals died. Discover the underbelly of the City of Angels and satisfy your twisted curiosities on this revealing ride featured on E!'s 'Hollywood Death Trip' and Anthony Bourdain's 'The Layover.'
No city in the world has a more colorful and sordid history than Los Angeles, and nowhere else have so many famous (and infamous) icons met their maker. Gain insight into the darker side of Hollywood on this afternoon tour departing from Sunset Boulevard. This gruesome but entertaining excursion is popular with both visitors and locals, and inspired the 'Eternal Darkness Tour' episode on American Horror Story.
Your Director of Undertakings will guide you through decades' worth of death, murder and just plain fun. Once your tour, um . . . departs, hear tales of tinseltown tragedies in the cool comfort of your luxurious bus, aka the Tomb Buggy.
Cover more than 75 sites of interest in just 2.5 hours. While the itinerary may change from day to day, here are some of the places and juicy stories you can expect to encounter:
- The last-breath locations of Michael Jackson, River Phoenix, Whitney Houston and Bela Lugosi
- The murders of Rebecca Schaeffer, Sal Mineo, Dominique Dunne and Bugsy Siegel
- The hotels where Janis Joplin and John Belushi 'checked out'
- The scene of Sharon Tate's last supper
- The scandals of Halle Berry, Chris Brown and Rihanna, and Hugh Grant
During the tour, you're exposed to crime-scene photographs, 911 recordings and paperwork that the public-at-large normally don't get to see about their favorite celebrities.
Visit a small cemetery where Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Farah Fawcett and other high-profile legends are buried. Walk through the stars' final resting place and read their poignant and pithy epitaphs.
Your tour concludes back at the departure point. Spend some time browsing through the Dearly Departed Gallery. Check out unusual memorabilia connected to dead celebrities, including tiles from the pool where Rolling Stones drummer, Brian Jones, drowned, and Rock Hudson's Rolodex listing Elizabeth Taylor's phone number.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Due to subject matter and possible language, this tour is not suitable for children
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.