Get breathtaking views of Hawaii from the air! On this deluxe, two-hour helicopter tour of the Big Island, you’ll take off from Kona and fly above spectacular waterfalls, along the coastline and over the Waipio and Waimanu valleys. Soar above rainforests, macadamia nut orchards and live volcanoes. Enjoy executive seating in a Bell 407 helicopter.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
It’s no secret that Hawaii is a particularly stunning piece of the Pacific Ocean, so see it from the best angle possible on a helicopter tour of the Big Island. This exciting two-hour tour from Kona will introduce you the Big Island’s beautiful and powerful features, including the active volcano of Kilauea, where if you're lucky, you'll see actual lava flow from the crater.
Take off from Kona in a comfortable, low-vibration, six-seat Bell 407 helicopter, and soar south along the coast and then east to Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. See the most recent volcanic activity and look for flowing lava before heading to the north end of the island.
Climb between the volcanic peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, enjoying the fantastic views from the helicopter’s oversized sliding windows, perfect for taking photos. Revel in the beauty of ocean cliffs and tropical rainforests, where you'll dive between mist-shrouded peaks. Admire the cool mountain waterfalls and the deep green valleys of the Hamakua Coast before returning to Kona, where you can spot the million-dollar resorts that dot the coast.
Your knowledgeable pilot will offer expert narration, which you’ll hear over your two-way headset. Ask questions and talk with pilot as you fly!
Please note: due to weather, the flight can range from 100 - 120 minutes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Conditions of Sale:
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 250-300lbs (113 kg-135 kg) must pay a $50 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing over 300 lbs (135 kg) will be assessed a capacity fee of 1/2 of 1 fare at regular price. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing 350 lbs (158 kg) and up are required to buy 2 seats. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.