This popular kayak tour will allow you to kayak the La Jolla sea caves and ecological reserve, which boasts an amazing array of scenery and wildlife you can't find anywhere else in San Diego. As you paddle alongside your expert naturalist/biologist guide, keep an eye out for sea lions, dolphins and even an orca!
No experience is needed! Your knowledgable guide will help you learn the basics and tour you around one of the premier eco-tourist destinations in San Diego.
After a brief paddle instruction and safety talk, you'll take your kayak down to the beach in La Jolla Shores and paddle to the La Jolla Sea Caves taking in the gorgeous views and watching for the abundant wildlife. You'll also go through the incredible rock formations and caves (if conditions permit), through the expansive kelp forests and wildlfie hot spots and cap it all off with a kayak surf ride back to the beach.
You can see numerous types of sea birds and usually sea lions, seals and sometimes dolphins or even orcas!
What to Expect:
Be prepared to get wet! For safety reasons, the tour operator does not guarantee going into the caves on tours. Entrance to caves based on
ocean conditions, safety and participants ability as determined by
This tour is recommended for ages 6 and up. Participants must be able to swim.
Conditions of Sale:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring: Expect to get wet. Bring: shoes that can get wet (Tevas, tennis shoes, 'river shoes' or flip flops), bathing suit and or drip dry shorts/shirt, hat, sun screen. Bring a 'leash' for valuable glasses. You can leave a towel and dry clothes at our shop or in your vehicle. Please DO NOT bring valuables and things that cannot get wet: cell phones, pagers, car keys, non-waterproof watches, non-waterproof cameras
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are NOT RECOMMENDED (not enough time)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- There is a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading 'Important Information'. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.